Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sweet Maybel

So, I'm just too excited about getting our new puppy that I couldn't wait to post til we got her and I like details so I figured others would too. Justin did let you know that we are getting her (and decided that her middle name would be Edna before discussing it with me, so we'll let you know if that is official later on), but he left out all the fun stuff.

First, I have to say that we thought long and hard about getting Maybel and I think it was a very big step in this thing we call marriage. Of course it's not the biggest decision we'll ever make, but it was good practice and I have to say I'm pretty proud of us :)

So, we found a breeder on-line and I checked her out. She had two new litters and is just outside of Nashville so we headed out to check it out on Sunday. Of course we (or at least I) fell in love immediately once we saw all those cute puppies! They didn't even have their eyes open yet! Once we saw Maybel's mother, we new we wanted one of her pups - she is a very pretty American Labrador. Well, once you see the picture of her and the pups, you'll see that they don't last long b/c lots of people want one. We went home and slept on it and decided on Monday to take the plunge into puppyhood. Needless to say, we are so excited and can't wait til she's ready to come home. The breeder says she'll be ready on October 27th and I'm counting the days already.

And in case you're wondering, "Where did they get the name Maybel???" Well, we've been talking about getting a dog since before we were married. And when we were engaged, of course the only thing we could think or talk about was May 5th - so in keeping with fashion, when discussing dog names, it was only natural that it had something to do with our wedding date/time period...and so we came up with Maybel - May, obviously and -bel b/c it fit and it's kind of like bells for 'wedding bells'. Pretty silly I know, but it stuck and we couldn't come up with a name we liked better, and believe me, we tried!

So here is the first pciture of Maybel and her 11 brothers and sisters (and their mother) - can you imagine carrying that many babies! Yeah Right!





We don't know which one she is yet, but she's in there somewhere! How cute is that?!

Movie Quote:

"We got no food, we got no jobs, out pets heads are falling off!!!"

4 comments:

  1. Dumb and Dumber

    Katie, you need to submit to Justin about Maybel's (interesting spelling, btw) middle name choice. It's a good 'un.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two thoughts:

    1. I appreciated you bought American went making your purchase. I mean yeah, you'll get more miles out of an import Lab, but buying American is your civic duty.

    2. Dumb and Dumber

    ReplyDelete
  3. We mainly liked the size of the American's. Big and fast says USA. Small and weaker SCREAMS import. it was a no-brainer.

    ReplyDelete