Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Final Countdown!

That means the day is here. It's time to put Andrew in the Hot Seat, and win a Million dollars. I just had a conference call with someone from the show and all the lifelines. The rules are as follows:

- He will be on today anytime between 11-6:30 p.m. Central time. So I have to be at my phone during these times.
- We will get a call when Andrew gets into the Hot Seat, just to let us know.
- Once he uses the lifeline, we are supposed to let the phone ring three times, and answer saying "Hello" (seemed pretty obvious, but I guess it needed to be said)
- Meredith will come on and do her thing, then the 30 second clock starts as soon as Andrew starts talking. She told us to not have any chit-chat, as this limits your time to answer.
- Once we're done with the question or the 30 seconds runs out, the call will be disconnected from him, but someone else will come on the line (don't know why, maybe I'll get to listen to the rest of the show, hopefully)



Maybel countdown: 9 days!

I'll be updating as the day goes on. I'm gonna go stretch and go to the bathroom, cause I have to be at my desk for the rest of the day. That's gonna be tough!

UPDATE: 45 minutes into it, and I am really nervous. No calls from them yet to let me know he's in the seat. I can imagine how much Andrew is sweating. He has a bit of a problem. I have Google, Wikipedia and Yahoo answers pulled up. Anything else I should use?

UPDATE: @ 1:24 pm CST
I just broke away from my desk to use the bathroom, I had to go so bad. I didn't miss any calls though, so we're still good. 5 hours to go. I wish I could have a pizza delivered to my desk. I also just had my first food of the afternoon: brownies. I have my lunch in the fridge, but I can't go warm it up to eat it.

UPDATE: Justin @ 2:50 pm CST
I just got the call, Andrew just started the game. The next call will be from Meredith. This is INTENSE!

UPDATE: Justin @ 3:15 pm CST
I just got the call from "Vierra" as she called herself. The question was: A Canape, a finger food, is a french word that also means what? (something like that)
So I google it, it takes me to Wikipedia, but its the article about the finger food. I'm scanning the finger food article, because I'm thinking its gonna mention it. Then it's 10 seconds, 5 seconds. I say that I see see something about a Canopy, but no furniture. Then the line goes dead. As soon as the line goes dead, I click this, and it shows you that it's a sofa. DANGIT! So that was it. I didn't help him at all. I hope he didn't lose because of me, but that was the fastest 30 seconds of my life. I feel pretty awful about the whole thing. I really let him down. I hope he used the 50/50 or ask the audience, STUPID GOOGLE!

Movie: (Andrew finally got Best in Show)
Good dags. D'ya like dags?
Dags?
What?
Yeah, dags.
Oh, dogs. Sure, I like dags. I like caravans more.

5 comments:

  1. SNATCH! He was Mickey. I love that movie because it's good and because it's my favorite...

    Ok nevermind, but I really like that movie.

    What happens if Andrew doesn't make the hot seat? Do you just have to sit there all day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is guaranteed to be on the show. They don't do the fastest finger questions anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so he is going to at least get a few grand out of this...but after taxes it's like he is going to be paying to go on the show

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wrong again. His father-in-law gave him his sky miles to fly up there and for their hotel, so it's practically a free trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No I was just saying that after the taxes the guv'ment takes out, he will be paying for what he makes...

    but that is nice, too

    ReplyDelete