Friday, October 26, 2007

Here's Maybel!!!!

The wait is over!!! Maybel is possibly the cutest puppy ever (of course I'm a little biased).

We got to the breeder's around 5:30 and it took us about 15 minutes to choose Maybel out of the two that were left. Personally, I think I knew she was the one right when I saw them. We got some information and signed on the dotted line! She even went to the bathroom in the grass before we got in the car. Right now, I'm thinking this is a little too good to be true, but she is just so sweet. She did great the whole way home, just slept in our laps. We got home and carried her up the steps and sat her outside our door to walk in and she just stayed there and looked so pitiful...

...so we carried her in. She still hasn't really left the main living room area and actually just woke up from a pretty good nap. She must have been wiped out from her big adventure. She's still a little unsure of stuff, she won't really explore or even follow us if we leave the room, but I'm sure that will change soon enough. She even just went into her crate all on her own and layed down! I've never seen a dog do that. I'm trying not to think that all of this means she will be a perfect dog, but it sure is fun to hope that this means she'll never dare try to chew up a pair of my shoes :) Needless to say, she is exactly what we wanted and we are already totally in love! Here are only a few of the many pictures we've already taken:

Asleep on the ride home

Already giving Daddy kisses

Here are some where she finally started to play around with us. She barked a little too which was hilarious!

And when she just couldn't play anymore...

Stay tuned for more updates, there will be plenty. We'll let you know how tonight goes (and how much or how little sleep we all get) and we're headed to see Dr. Blake tomorrow too to make sure she's healthy.

5 comments:

  1. Precious Maybel! I can't wait to hold her. Dubs will love her. Hurry up Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! She is so sweet it almost brings a tear to my eye. How has she been over the weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twice, both on the first night. We've got her signs figured out now. She's pretty much the perfect dog now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em,
    She's been good this weekend. I'm about to post about it, stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete