Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Operation Maybel

As Justin has said, we will be going to get Maybel on Friday and I am like counting the minutes, I just can't wait! The week has gone by surprisingly quick though given that it has been yucky everyday with constant rain and cold. We're starting to wonder why we decided to get a dog when winter is just around the corner AND we live on the 2nd floor of our apartments. We're not really having second thoughts, we're just not too excited about some of the changes that we will have to make for our new little (or not so little) addition. But all of that being said, we are both committed and I think it will be fun (and maybe sometimes, not as fun) to see how we handle this new challenge as a couple. Warning: I'm entering reflection mode, continue reading with caution :) I know some of you may be thinking, "that's so silly, it's just a dog", but even though I love my husband more than anything, we don't always think or behave in the same way. And I definitely know there will be times when I want him to take her out or vice versa and the other one of us is not going to want to. I just think it will be interesting to see how we work together and adapt to this change. Anyway, I'm sure we'll have lots to blog about over the next few weeks so stay tuned to see how it all goes! I'm already planning on taking the camera with us to pick her up so I'm sure we'll get pictures up as soon as we can.

On another note, for those of you who don't know (and I don't know who all of you are that read this) Justin also has a blog with some friends that he lived with in college. Most are married now and spread out somewhat through the Southeast and such, but they use the blog to keep in touch (and talk about some pretty stupid stuff) but I still think it is a really cool idea. Well anyway, on the blog, one of them posted to all of those people out there that read the blog even though they don't contibute to it, but do because they are either married to one of the guys, like me or because they know the guys and just read it for entertainment (also, like me); he asked people to comment on his post to let them know that they read the blog. I talked to my friend Julia yesterday and she told me she was an avid reader of our blog and I didn't even know it. So...I would like to know who keeps up with the Lipscombs, so please comment and let me know you're there!

I know this is kind of a random post and I like to have a picture with posts b/c that's what I look for on other blogs, but I don't really have anything that goes with this one, sorry. Check back soon for Maybel pics!


Maybel Countdown: 2 Days

Movie Quote: "My colors are blush and bashful, I have chosen two shades of pink, one is much deeper than the other"

7 comments:

  1. I read your blog! I have been keeping up with your Maybel countdown, pillows, and all the other fun stuff. I've never guessed the movie quote, but I'm pretty confident about this one... Steel Magnolias??

    Hope ya'll are doing well! Definitely post pics when you get her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! You are correct - I thought it was time to start doing some movie quotes that other people actually know (sorry honey) or at least that girls know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey katie...maybe your dog and my Macy can get together...and you know...chew some rawhide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blog!!! Although keeping up with the Edna blog doesn't leave much time for other blogs....

    I also wanted to comment on your post about the uncharted waters of dog rearing. I know it must sound dumb to people that already have real kids, but having a puppy together really is like a baby step to starting a family. You do have to work together and you learn tons about each other along the way. It's been really fun for Adam and me. Don't worry about sharing responsibilities, it just sort of works itself out. There are times when I do more and times when Adam does more. It really is great having a dog, even though it does suck at times....it's totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your blog and love the movie quotes! I really like that you put girl movie quotes!!!!

    Kevin wants a dog so bad! We might get one after we have been in the new house for a little while. Anyway, ya'll will have lots of fun with your new addition!

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here....if Justin falls asleep on the couch one night and wakes up with wet pants, he will blame it on the dog. Be prepared for this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be prepared to clean the dogs crap and then clean the dog because they sit in it and lay down it! That is my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete