Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm convinced God has a great sense of humor

And he is laughing at me. This morning Rusty and I were passing out free breakfast at a local apartment complex. We were there to get some names and numbers to possibly quote renters insurance and other things.

One lady drives up in some Vanderbilt Medical scrubs. We started talking and I asked her if she would like some breakfast (Otis Spunkmeyer muffin and a juice box) and she said:

Lady: "No, I can't eat or I will fall asleep at work."
Me: "Well, we can't have that. You need to stay awake so you can be a good nurse."
Lady: "Actually, I'm a doctor."

I also got a mother's name and as she was driving off I said "Have a good day Tiffany" and her name was Kimberly.

I could also tell you the story of me rear-ending a lawyer, and also rear-ending a police officer...but I think you get the picture. There's also the father-daughter dance at Katie and I's wedding, but again, you get the point.

On a serious note, please continue to keep my sweet sister in your prayers. She's still at Baptist Hospital, being observed on medicine. Hopefully she can stay as long as possible, and keep that baby in her belly!

4 comments:

  1. Way to be sexist. Only boys are doctors... she must be a nurse. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr.'s Bailey, Gray, Yang, Stevens, Haan, Torres.....I know there are female doctors in the world. Why would I specifically say nurse?

    That is the question.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the female docs at my hospital wear their white coats when in scrubs because otherwise they get sexist pigs like you calling them nurses :)

    On a side note...love the new banner and color scheme. Just in time for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can thank Moriah for that one. She's a woman, and therefore more creative than I.

    There I go being sexist again. At least its true this time.

    ReplyDelete