Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Finally...from yours truly

Well, Justin has bugged me enough and I am finally making my first ever blog. I've just been reading some other's blogs and felt inspired to make my very own post.

So...I don't really know what I'm suppossed to talk about, but I figured I would give everyone a more detailed update of what's been going on in the life of the Lipscombs. As Justin said earlier, I am well into my first year as a school counselor. At this point, I have mixed emotions, usually on a daily basis. I really do enjoy what I do, but it is definitely a learning process. This is my first "big girl" job as I like to call it and I am having a hard time getting used to this whole 8-4 thing. I know some of you are probably rolling your eyes right now and thinking I'm crazy since I have a school schedule, but trust me, it's hard getting up so early every morning and all I want to do at the end of the day is lay on the couch and watch that day's episode of General Hospital that I've DVR'd (yes, I record a soap opera and I'm not ashamed - and Justin is even getting in to it a little bit :) ) Anyway, I pretty much feel tired all the time. And even though I can't find a pillow that's perfect, I don't have any trouble going to sleep at night, that's for sure!
Aside from my constant tiredness, I go back and forth. Some days I'm totally confident and feel like I totally know what I'm doing and then other days I wonder if I'm really cut out for this. But I keep going and just do the best I can because that's what mom and dad always taught me to do. I'm pretty sure (or at least semi-convinced) that these are all normal thoughts and feelings when starting a new profession and I'll keep on trucking (mainly because Justin isn't too keen on the idea of me being a housewife permanently). Oh, and in case you didn't know, I'm at two different schools this year, a part-time counselor at each, making a full-time position (and paycheck!). Here are pictures of the two schools I'm at...

Kenrose Elementary School



Scales Elementary (kind of small in this pic, but it's an older school and sits up on this big hill)


If I'm not working, I'm either running errands, lounging at home with Justin (usually putting off cleaning :) ) or catching up with friends. We officially placed membership at Otter Creek and are quickly getting involved. We really enjoy our lifegroup with several other young married couples and are also working with the 5th and 6th graders. Oh, and Justin has been very sweet about letting me spend quite a bit of attention (and $$) on sprucing up our apartment! It's finally starting to look like a more grown-up home and I especially love that it is OUR home now! And since I haven't ever blogged, much less since I've been married, I have to say here that I LOVE being married and I have the best husband EVER! As you've already read, we have a new couch and chair on the way. Once we get them and have other things all set up, I'll take pics so everyone can see.

I guess I'll wrap this up since Justin is telling me this is the longest post ever (he likes to exagerate a little bit). In case you are getting bored with our posts (I know that would be hard to do though ;) ), we have been talking about adding an addition to our family sooner rather than later...a puppy of course! So hopefully soon we'll have cute puppy pictures to be posting for all of you to see. And, in keeping with my husband's tradition of movie quotes (which really I love to, even if I don't always know them), I'll leave you with one of our favorites:


"The question isn't what are we going to do, the question is what aren't we going to do."

6 comments:

  1. "I'll be honest, it's not THAT bad" - Jonathan Dodd.

    If Dodd can admit it, I can too. Nice first post Honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin? General Hospital?

    You're dead to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I watch the OC on the Soap Opera channel everyday at 5:00.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right after Gilmore Girls at 4:00.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The OC, I can understand. But Gilmore Girls? You're dead to me.

    We can be dead friends again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ferris Bueller's Day Off"......NEXT!

    ReplyDelete