Thursday, May 22, 2008

Way to go America

After a long season of continually getting things wrong, You came through for me and got it right. Last night, you elected David Cook the next American Idol. I went into the show fully expecting to be let down, and the baby-faced Archuletta winning the crown of Best Karaoke Singer 2008. (Similar to Romans 3:21 the glorious "But") But, you got it right.

Let's look at why I didn't have faith in you:
Amanda "Skunk" Overmeyer


I'll admit, she could probably beat me up. She's a biker. But I just don't know how she made it as far as she did. Call me crazy, but my ears shouldn't bleed after an Idol performance.

Jason "Someone take me to Supercuts" Castro


Clearly, the Sanjaya of this season. Not a lot of talent (he forgot lyrics, and said on more than one occasion "I've never heard this song before.") Has a future on the freecreditreport.com commercials.

Kristy Lee Cook


I actually liked her. I thought she was better than some of the people voted off after her. But she went as fas as making a sign for her chair in the bottom 3. At that point, she needs to go.

I'll say, I'm not a huge fan of the show. I know, with all these pearls of wisdom, I'm not sounding like it. Katie liked it more than me, but she would start it on the DVR, and I would watch. Kinda like how I have come to know more than most about the cast of General Hospital. But that is an entirely different post.

Paula DRIVES ME CRAZY, she has lost her mind or gets drunk or high before the show. Maybe both, or all three, or any combination of the three. Someone make her an appointment with House now that the season is over.

Randy is not constructive with his feedback (e.g. "a little pitchy", "Just all-right for me", "the bomb", and all the unnecessary "dogg's") Great bass playing on Paula's new single though! The single would have been crap without you, Dogg.

Simon is actually the only judge I like. He's honest, and sometimes a little mean. But sometimes that's what these people need.

OK, I'm rambling. In closing, if you're a member of Obermeyer's biker gang, please don't beat me up. If I'm ever in Camben, Indiana and need respiratory care, I hope we can put this past us.

No comments:

Post a Comment