Sunday, April 5, 2009

While the Kat's away

Katie is out of town for a few days in New York City (NEW YORK CITY!? Get a rope) With that Maybel, Blake and Maverick and I decided to go on a camping trip to the South Cumberland State Park. We were specifically headed to the Savage Gulf area, and had a 18 mile round trip hike planned. We got there late Friday (around 9:45) so we camped there by the car, and headed out Saturday morning around 9.


Having never been to this park, I must say it is amazing. Some of the views from the top of the trails are great. The route we chose was pretty strenuous, a lot of up and down and very little flat ground. Somewhere close to 800-900 feet in elevation change going down and coming back up.

The dogs were pretty good. I was a little nervous at first, since Maybel had run off on Thursday night for about 30 minutes. But having her off the leash was not a problem. They got in trail mode, and stayed on the path most of the day.

After hiking 5 miles, you would think Maybel wanted to rest. Think again....



We got to Collins East around 3:00, and Maybel and I were wiped out. Partly because we had slept about 4 hours the night before, and partly because of the crazy hard trail. She slept great last night.


Got up this morning, hit the trail by 8:00, and we were back in the car by 1:00. It was a great trip, but I will be paying for it for the next few days. I am going to be walking funny because of these sore calves! Maybel also has a few raw spots on her feet, so we both look pretty sad. Hopefully, we'll be back to normal by Tuesday night when Katie gets back.


I think she's tired...

There's more to post about (our new home for one) but that will come. Right now, I've got to catch up on Friday Night Lights!

3 comments:

  1. i'm so jealous!!! macy and I will have to join you and maybel on a trip sometime soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. pics are great...what a sweet dog! by the way, i LOVE friday night lights!! i don't know anyone else that watches it (adam says that we've had this conversation but i don't remember). anyway, love it! don't let adam fool you, he's more of a "take it or leave it" fan. if it came down to it i might even sacrifice lost over friday night lights. wow, that was bold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO glad to hear you watch FNL!!!! It is my favorite show on TV, hands down, over anything, probably ever. I'm glad you finally updated, ahem, so I could see your cute dog and that you watch the best show ever!

    ReplyDelete