Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Feliz año nuevo!

That's Happy New Year for those of you that don't Habla Espanol.

We had a great time with the Farmers and the Joneses.
Dominoes, Taco soup, ZOE cd's and Oreo balls.....sounds like fun, eh?

What did you do? Leave it in the comments if you want all of the internet to see.

Maybel came with us too. She and Maverick played in the rain for hours and got tired, dirty, and a little gassy. Ok, maybe not gassy.

Today, I was going to try out the online payment for our apartment complex, which we just found out about. I was clicking along, thing this was gonna be my new method for paying rent, until I stumbled upon a $19.95 "convenience fee"....WHAT?!?! This made me think, "What would an acceptable convenience fee be? What fee would be small enough to make me want to not write a check and drop it in the drop box on my way to work?"

The answer I came up with is $0.00, but I doubt that will happen. What about you? Anyone else think this is a rip-off? Want me to stop complaining? Want to play Guitar Hero III? Bring it.

Movie: You know Mail-Order brides? They go that way too.

3 comments:

  1. Great first post of the year, Justin!

    New Year's? Our's was spent much the same way as yours, all except that we didn't do anything and were in bed by 9:30. In the Stacy family, regarding New Year's Eve, we could take or leave it.

    Online payment? Maybe the $19.95 convenience charge was a one time deal, but I don't know. If it's a monthly fee, they should also come make your dinner that night and take the dog out to poop and pee. Other than that, it is a rip-off.

    Guitar Hero III? Better be making an appearance at Man's Weekend as part of the Manlympics.

    Man's Weekend? Nunley said he would make a post about it at the Edna Blog after Christmas after talking to his step-grandfather-in-law-twice-removed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Movie Quote: There's Something About Mary

    Incidently and confessionally, all I ever do is just cut and paste your quotes into google. Is that cheating?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew,
    Thanks.

    Cheating? That's a little harsh. I am saddened at the news, as all this time I thought you were a vault of movie quotes.

    As Gretchen Wilsin sang, "When I think about cheatin, I just think about you leavin"

    Now, I don't like the song, or Gretchen Wilson for that matter, bit I think you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete